I thought that since it was Valentine's Day on Throwback Thursday I would write more about our love story. {For the the beginning ---> 1, 2 and 3}
The summer of 2007 was one of the best. I spent that summer semester dating Austin, we had lots of dates, we went to Rodeos and Chuckars games, concerts, I went to his family's 4th of July party {which is the only time he has stayed and cuddled with me the entire time during fireworks}, we drove around listening to Yellowcard, we went fishing, we went four wheeling, we went to Mesa Falls.
Shortly after we had our DTR, I had organized a date to Guitars Unplugged. We tripled with Nikki and her boyfriend Ken, and Austin's friend and his sister. I made brownies {a really big deal for me at the time} and bought ice cream and fudge topping. We went to the concert, it was good, got back to the apartment and was getting dessert dished out while the boys were helping us with our air conditioner when Austin got a phone call. It was one of their frineds, he was in jail for going over 100 mph down the highway on his morotrcycle and needed them to bail him out. They both grabbed a brownie and left.
Before we DTR'd, Austin and I at a Rodeo
Austin and I at Mesa Falls
At the end of that summer we started talking about getting married.
Student teaching in Utah was still ever present. Back when we had DTR'd I hadn't wanted to leave while dating Austin but now that we were talking marriage there was no way that I wanted to be in a different state as Austin. I went in and talked to the head of Student Teaching, told them that we were getting serious and that marriage was in the works and they switched me to Idaho Falls. {phew}
I moved home and began student teaching. Austin worked in Idaho Falls. He spent a lot of time over at my house before he moved to Rexburg to attend his only semester not married.
The moment we had started talking about marriage I knew Austin was the one. There was no doubt in my mind. There was so much love and peace in that decision. In early November we went ring shopping. Austin was so cute researching everything he could about diamonds and what he wanted to get me. The Sunday before Thanksgiving, I went with Austin to his home ward for sacrament meeting then we went back to his parent's house. After changing out of my church clothes Austin asked me if I wanted to go for a walk. {mind you it's November in Idaho} We walked through the backyard towards the 'woods'. As we crossed the bridge over the canal I realized Austin was walking very fast and then I knew what was about to happen. We walked {quickly} holding hands back to the spot where we had shared our first kiss. We reminisced about that day and those events and then he said, "This is the place where we had our first kiss but it's also the place," {getting down on one knee} "where I ask you to be my wife. Kori Lynn Toone will you marry me?"
My brain screamed yes a million times but was too excited to tell my mouth to say anything. After what probably seemed like forever to Austin I managed to literally squeak out a 'yes'. And then I cleared my throat and told him yes I would love to be his wife and then we kissed of course. There was a lot more said before the proposal. But that's for me and Austin to share. It really was the most romantic moment of my life. {besides at the altar with him}
We walked back to the house, this time not so fast. :) And I was engaged!
A couple weeks later I was at his apartment. It was the day I had to present my student teaching binder, my works sample, I was so nervous. He sat me down and played/sang me a song with his guitar! Talk about melt! To be honest it was hard to concentrate on any presentation after that! Today he sent me this link to our song! And once again it made me melt! Everyday I am grateful for saying yes! Everyday I am grateful for Austin! I am so in love with that man and so glad that he's my eternal Valentine!
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment