Friday, December 28, 2012

Love Story {Part 3} (DTR and the first kiss)

Austin and I had been hanging out for a while and gone on a few dates when Austin asked me about that other guy I had turned down. We were talking on MSN messenger. The conversation went something like this...
Austin: "Are you going to go on a date with that one guy?"
Me: "Well that depends..."
A: "On..."
M: "Well there's this other guy."
A: "Oh yeah, why would it depend on him?"
M: "If he doesn't want me to date the other guy then I wouldn't."
A: "You like this guy?"
M: "Yes. A lot."

I'll spare you a really long corny conversation. Haha. Austin told me that he wanted to talk to me in person about this. So he drove from Rigby and I ditched FHE and we went to Porter Park. We talked about a lot of things. I was leaving the next semester to student teach in Utah and how that would affect things. He had just gotten home from a mission. He said, "If you're looking for your car keys and you find them, why keep looking for them?" I felt the same way. We would figure Utah out but for now we were just going to focus on the now.

We ended up making it official. I was so happy. We held hands back to my apartment. When we got to the door we were hugging and I could tell that he wanted to kiss me. Months before, I had gotten out of a relationship. Things had gone fast and then tanked. I didn't want to rush anything. I told Austin that I wasn't ready for that yet. It felt right when I said it but then when I got into my apartment I was like "KORI!!! What did you just do?!?! You denied your boyfriend-as-of-minutes-ago a kiss.....How did you just make him feel? You probably crushed him." This was a good start.
The next day we went for a walk, went to Porter Park and every one there was making out! It was awkward to the max. I had of course called my mom and told her the good and bad news. Good news, I was Austin Dahl's girlfriend. Bad news I had denied him of a kiss. My mother being so wise said, "Kori you know what that means now?" Of course I didn't. "It means that you have to be the one that initiates the first kiss now." Instant anxiety. How was I supposed to do that? This is what was flying through my head as we sat in the park watching every couple slobber all over each other. We decided to leave and go up to the gardens. Same story. I was so nervous and there was never a good moment. I didn't do it, I didn't kiss him.
The next day after Nikki and I had gotten back from Broulim's getting Ben and Jerry's, Austin surprised me with a date at his parents house. His family was gone and Austin was going to cook me dinner. So naturally I brought my ice cream. We went out to his parents house. He made me a yummy dinner, I shared my Ben and Jerry's with him (I knew it was true love if I was willing to do that haha) and then he took me on a walk to show me his parent's yard. It backs up against the dry bed and part of it is full of trees. I call it the woods. We stopped at a clearing next to a barbed wire fence. It was beautiful. We stood holding each other for awhile. And then some how I mustered up enough courage and kissed him! It was so romantic until...
There had been a ton of mosquitos. I'm allergic to them so naturally I hate them. Then we heard a weird buzzing sound. Austin told me it was the 'skeeter' man, to spray for mosquitos. Being from the city I had never heard of that so trying to be cute and very nervous since I had used up all my bravery for the kiss, I swung my arms up and shouted praises to the mosquito man, scraping the barbed wire fence! I didn't even feel the cut that's how nervous I had been, looked at my arm and saw blood (something I don’t do well with) grabbed my arm, exclaimed “I’m bleeding!” and totally killed the moment. Austin was very cute, looked at it, wiped it off, got me to the house, cleaned it up, bandaged me and kissed it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment