Seems like a lot of blogs that I follow are recording their Love Stories. I've kind of already started that here. So...I thought I would continue.
Austin would come over to "hang out with his sister" I mean that was the reason but he told me later that seeing me had a great deal of why he came over so much.
A few nights after I met Austin I had a date with a different guy. I wasn't too excited for it, he's a nice guy just more like a brother. Austin was over and they were talking to me about my date. I had mentioned that I wasn't too excited about it. They invited me to come out to their house. Their mom and dad were making homemade pizza and watching a movie. It sounded like sooo much fun and I wanted to hang out with Austin. Well it took a while but they convinced me to cancel and go with them. And it was fun.
We all hung out for a week before Austin asked me out on a date. After he asked me he said, "You're not going to cancel on me though right?" No, I was not going to cancel. I was thrilled to go!
We went to a Ryan Shupe and the Rubber Band concert. We doubled with his sister and his friend from high school. I wasn't sure how to sit. My natural instinct was to fold my arms, but that was a standoff-ish vibe. Don't try anything bub, or I'm not having fun kind of vibe. I didn't want that. So I sat with my hands on my legs. He saw that as 'I want you to hold my hand'. Now I definitely wasn't apposed but that wasn't my thought, I was more concerned with sending him the other vibe. He didn't hold my hand in the concert, which I wasn't expecting him to, it was our fist date! The concert was really good. When we were walking back to Austin's jeep he grabbed my hand. {I have butterflies just thinking about it} We then went and got Cold Stone and went to Smith Park and ate our ice cream. He held my hand in the jeep, when we went places and in the park after we ate our ice cream. He gave me a hug at the end of the date! The whole night was perfect.
The next day I went with his sister to his "homecoming" talk at church. All of his friends and family hugged him afterwards, I didn't. Didn't know if I should or not. He was busy with people the entire time, didn't really talk to me and then his ex-girlfriend form high school showed up. So I was really unsure where I stood and what was going on.
He continued coming over and hanging out with us.
Nikki and I were obsessed with going over to KFC and getting snackers. Well I ended up getting food poisoning one weekend. I woke up so so so sick, the sickest I have ever been. The first thought that came in my head was that I needed a blessing and then the thought came to me..."Austin can give you a blessing." I hadn't known him too long, he was in Rigby, and it would have been weird. I ended up going home and my dad and brother gave me a blessing. Which was super special because it was the first blessing Derek was able to be a part of. When I thought the thought of Austin being able to give me a blessing, it wasn't actually that I wanted him to. It was more of a realization that he could. It was a crucial moment in our courtship. The boyfriend I had had before Austin was a convert, who had slipped into inactivity and was "getting back" when I started dating him. We ultimately broke up because he wasn't where he needed to be and wasn't working on getting there either. Austin holding the priesthood and being able to give me a blessing at anytime was so very important. We weren't even dating, we were just friends but that alone was vital for me. It was definitely something that attracted me to him.
After I came back to school from being sick I really wanted to talk to Austin. I hadn't seen him or talked to him all weekend and I missed him. One of my roommates told me that he had come over and asked where I was. This was exciting. It made me want to talk to him even more. This roommate talked me into calling Austin. We talked for a long time. And he invited me to go to a Rodeo with him. I told him I couldn't, since it was Father's Day weekend and I had already made plans to go home. After I got off the phone with him I called my mom. She told me to call him back and tell him that I could go! So that's what I did! Haha. {What a smart mother}
Austin picked me and his sister up in a truck that his mom and dad were thinking about getting. We held hands during the rodeo and got a lot of crap from his friends about it {Can you say jealous?} We then went to his friend's house after to watch a movie. His sister went with his friend on his motorcycle. When we got to the truck to leave the rodeo the thought came to me. Where do I sit? In the middle and look forward? Or by the door and look safe? I had never been in this situation before. The last thing I wanted to do was scare him off, so I played it safe and sat next to the door. Austin got in, took one look at where I was sitting and said, "Na uh, you're sitting next to me!" My heart pounded! I was so happy! We were one of the last ones to show up at the movie and there wasn't really any spots to sit. I sat down on the floor and Austin was about to sit somewhere else when his friend Brandi ordered him to sit next to me! {The only person in the room rooting for us!}
His friend with the motorcycle decided to park it behind us {the truck}. We left before him {stupid curfew} Austin didn't see the bike! Crrrrrunch! And then a string of cuss words! I felt so bad for Austin but at the same time so glad he was human! Glad that he wasn't an uptight RM.
When I think of that night I never really think about him hitting the bike and being upset. I always think about holding his hand and having him slide me over to sit next to him. In a way it was a monumental night for us. He had claimed me in front of all his friends!
I just eat up reading your blog Kori! You continue to inspire me and just are too fun!
ReplyDeleteAdorable love story! So sweet! Made me reminisce back to when Vance and I were dating and all those fun moments. And just being so thankful that I made the decision to marry him. It's been fun to "get to know" the Austin and Kori and Bridger life. It is delightful!