Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Today....only 5 years ago

It was my last semester in Rexburg. I was living in Pineview with a bunch of crazies. 3 of the girls were best friends, my room-roommate was actually crazy and then there was a girl from Rigby. It was my last semester of college, my best friend was back in the area after being in Oregon. Our friend was on track and living in Pineview. I didn't really care about becoming friends with my roommates. I had my friends. And I was going to make the most of my time with them. I was nice and kept the peace, you still have to live with them. The girl from Rigby and I hung out every now and then. This roommate had a brother on a mission, coming home very soon. I honestly didn’t think much of it. All of my guy friends were nonexistent. If anything maybe this boy could be a friend? But that’s all I was looking for. I was so excited that all my guy friends were coming home and then being miserably let done that they were coming home jerks.
Anyways back to today…I had gotten up and gotten ready only to find out that my class had been canceled. So I finished getting ready (thank goodness!) hung out in my room and then heard someone in my apartment. It was my roommate from Rigby and her RM brother (being home 1 day!). He was tall and very handsome, I remember thinking, “Oh he’s cute!” He stood in the kitchen in a yellow billabong sweatshirt, while his sister went into her room to get some things. I came out and introduced myself, he introduced himself, “I’m Elder Dahl…..uh…..haha, I’m Austin.” I said something like “Nice to meet you Elder. How is it being in a girl’s apartment without a companion?” We talked for a little bit and then he was gone. It’s weird to explain, because I don’t really believe in love at first site but I was immediately smitten. I wanted to be around him and talk to him more. I was excited when his sister kept bringing him around to hang out with us. I have never felt more myself in front of a guy than I have with Austin. We had hung out a number of times and I remember just wanting to be around him. Luckily for me Austin is not like any of the guys at BYU-I. He asked me on a date a week after he got home. And the rest is history.  
Today I have known Austin for 5 years and they have been the best 5 years of my life. I love him so much and am so grateful that I was where I was supposed to be and who I was supposed to be in order to meet and fall in love with Austin! He is the best and I'm so glad that we're apart of each other's lives for eternity!
The first picture of us

No comments:

Post a Comment