I left off...here.
All of my students were thrilled to see a ring! {I was student teaching at Eagle Rock Jr. High} And I caught myself staring at it all the time {still do}. Austin did his homework very well and got me a very very nice diamond. Instead of spending the same amount of money on a huge diamond Austin spent it on the quality of diamond. And it's still a pretty good sized diamond too. I love it! I picked out 2 rings and let him choose. He picked the perfect one!
{the day I got it!}
Amongst wedding plans I graduated college! It was so special having my parents there and my fiance.
{Flowers from Austin before Graduation/the end of my student teaching}
We learned quickly that Austin's main concern with wedding plans was just marrying me. He did ok with the important stuff like what the announcement said, the food and where to go for the honeymoon ;) but as for the rest of it he didn't care much. I was not one of those girls that had my wedding planned for years and just needed a groom. I knew I wanted to be married in the temple and that I wanted purple and I really wanted my reception in my home ward building but that was it! My colors were white and eggplant purple. I designed all the floral arrangements including my bouquet, my mom made all the table runners, my dad and brother made my backdrop, my aunt bought my 950+ dollar dress, veil, headband and garter {she's amazing}, my cousin took me and got my hair and nails done, she also took our engagement-bridals-and-wedding pictures, my best friends made my music mix and stayed the entire reception and helped in the kitchen and cleaned up, my in-laws hosted a wonderful luncheon and payed for our hotel suite!
The day we got home from Montana we had our engagements taken. I went with Austin's family to his cousin's {Holly} wedding in Montana.
The picture that we sent with our announcement.
I had always envisioned my reception in my home ward gym. But before we got engaged they disbanded our ward. :(
Luckily we were still able to have it there and it felt so good to see so many people from my home ward!
Feb. 28, 2008 was a busy day! We {my family} spent the whole day decorating and finishing up last minute things. Devin and Austin came back in the morning from a steelhead trip to help with transporting the backdrop. Then Austin took him home, showered and then came back to help. That evening I went and got my nails done and then after we were finally done setting up Austin and I hung out a little. I remember when he left we were so excited that that was the last time that we would have to say goodbye to each other. I remember being very excited but able to sleep. Everything was set and ready. My dress was ready, decorations were up, my bags for Las Vegas were packed and I was marrying the man of my dreams and best friend in the temple!
March 1, 2008 I woke up early, showered and headed over to get my hair done {which took longer than she told us it would}. I talked to Austin on the phone while I got my hair done. He teased me about not being late. Rushed home, got my makeup on and dressed in my blue skirt suit and then my mom and I rushed to the temple. {We might have been a little late haha} I was sealed in my temple dress, which I love because every time I put my temple dress on I remember that day! At 10:00 a.m. {ish} we were sealed for time and all eternity! I went and put my dress on and then we took pictures in the drizzle and cold. It rained/snowed before and after pictures but was pretty decent while we took pictures. Then we had our luncheon at O'Callahan's. Before the reception we had more pictures taken in the gym. And then my cousin went and got us Subway. Halfway through eating people started to come! Our reception was supposed to start at 7 and go until 9 and we were in line with no brakes from 6:30-9:30! It was crazy!
Talking to Austin while getting ready.
At our luncheon
Our lovely Jeep
We stayed at La Ritz suite for 2 nights and then Monday we drove to my parent's house and my mom took us to the airport to go to Las Vegas! {I took some Dramamine and totally zonked out on Austin's shoulder on the plane, mouth open and everything} We stayed at the Luxor in Vegas for a week! It was so much fun! We both felt like little fish arriving and trying to get our room but there was a lot of nice people there! Kelsey was visiting her sister Brooke, who lives in Vegas, so they took us to the outlet mall, In-N-Out burger, this really cool pizza place and the old part of Vegas! We went to a lot of art galleries and fun places to eat. The weather was perfect! We had such a great time! My favorite places to stop and see while walking, were pretty much every thing about the Bellagio. The fountains, the Dale Chihuly display and the other displays they had! These pictures were taken on our phones, crazy how more advanced the cameras on phones are now. Haha. We loved Vegas and can't wait to go back!
Tonight {hopefully if the weather is good} we're taking the kids to the Dahl's and going to dinner :)
I am just so grateful to have Austin in my life. I'm grateful to be sealed to him for time and all eternity! He is truly my best friend and I am so blessed to have him as my companion in this life! As corny as it sounds, it really is true, he is my everything! I don't know what I would do without him. I am just such a lucky girl. I love him so much!





































No comments:
Post a Comment