I was that lame friend. You know that one friend that during the game truth or dare they always picked truth. I think I've always played it safe. Austin's friend nicknamed me the V.O.R. "Voice of Reason" And it's probably good that we all hung out when I was married to Austin and not in high school. I would have been a buzz kill to most of their "awesome" ideas. Haha. So Tuesdays are truth. Open, honest Truth!
Here we go...
Here we go...
After 16 months and a full mouth of teeth Bridger is finally Weaned! Actually for about a week now. For a while he's been weaned during the day but then nursed to go to bed and nursed in the morning (8ish) to go back to bed. I worried about the night nursing and how well Bridger would do. He doesn't have bottle or a binky and he doesn't go down for naps with a sippy. He cried for a little while and pushed away the sippy and patted me {which was the hardest part for me} and we told him that it was all gone which confused him I think because it's pretty clear that they're not {haha} and told him that it was either drink his milk or go to bed and since he didn't want his milk we put him in bed. Every night since he's drank a little of his milk, cuddled with me and then once he's in bed he blows me kisses and waves goodbye! {melts my heart} And it seems like he's eating better during the day and napping better too! Like I said we've been weaned during the day for some time now and I think I was putting off the night time weaning cause I was just so worried it would be hard. But it wasn't! I need to remember that my bubba is a tough guy and getting to be a big boy and just because I think he'll have a hard time with something, that most likely he won't! He is such a good little boy! I'm glad that the transition was so easy. But I'll tell you what, I don't think that I will nurse any of my other babies for 16 months. Maybe a year, but we'll see. I guess it will just depend on what they need.
Oh yeah and for the first time in 2 years I can take cold medicine for this wicked cold! I was so happy that I could take Nyquil that I did a happy dance. Austin told me that I shouldn't be that happy to take cold medicine but he doesn't know what it feels like not to be able to take anything for a cold! YAY for Nyquil and a full night's sleep during a cold!
Oh yeah and for the first time in 2 years I can take cold medicine for this wicked cold! I was so happy that I could take Nyquil that I did a happy dance. Austin told me that I shouldn't be that happy to take cold medicine but he doesn't know what it feels like not to be able to take anything for a cold! YAY for Nyquil and a full night's sleep during a cold!
No comments:
Post a Comment