Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Sister Reads My Blog {Truth}

Which is not a problem, in fact I think it's cool that she wants to know what I'm writing, doing, etc. {She is a very caring person} The problem is, she's an English Major. And not one of those silly I-just-wanna-get-married-think-I'm-a-good-writer-so-I'll-major-in-english types. No she's an incredible writer, really good at grammar and got a 4.0 her whole college career. Two things that this Art Major is not. {I'm not good at math either, haha} I have this thought every time I start writing. "Megan's going to read this...don't mess up!"Because let's be honest, my grammar isn't the greatest and I tend to have a lot of run on sentences. My opening paragraph is never as it should be. And I start sentences with and, so, like, and other words that I shouldn't. Megan just graduated from college this last December. Her brain hasn't switched over to the non-school mode yet. So I know that she's silently critiquing my writing even without wanting or trying. That's just the way a school brain works. There have been times where I have had the thought, "Megan's going to read this...let's spell everything wrong, use the worst grammar, don't capitalize or punctuate just to make her squirm." But then I remember her school brain and I'm sure I'm already making her squirm enough! Hey Megan do you love my HUGE paragraph? Megan really is the best. She never once points out my mistakes, instead she always tells me which post she likes or which picture was her favorite. {That's the teacher in her, pointing out the good rather than slamming with negative} Even though I know she's rolling her eyes at me right now, I'm super glad that she reads my blog, that she cares enough about me to want to know what's going on in my life. She's an incredible sister who loves and supports me and I'm so happy to have her in my life!
My beautiful English Education Major/Art Minor sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment