Day 02 - A really good memory.
The first summer after we were married we decided to go camping. We didn't have much money but we decided that it didn't matter we would go anyway for fun. So we packed up everything, borrowed a tent from Austin's parents and headed to Sheridan Creek. We had fun setting up the tent and I was actually excited to be camping and staying in a tent. After we got the tent up I found out that none of the zippers on the tent worked. Austin didn't see any problem in it, but I wasn't having any of it! Like I was going to sleep in a tent with the doors wide open for bugs and creepy crawlies to come in! So we took down the tent and decided we would sleep in the jeep. We went on a hike, saw a moose, ate dinner, did some fishing, hung out around the fire, and then it was time for bed. We stuffed the air mattress in the jeep (which did not fit, and folded up in a 'V' shape) crawled in and tried to fall alseep. It was the worst night's sleep we ever got. We were stuffed in their like a taco, couldn't move and then if you tried to move it was so cold you didn't want to. When we woke up the mattress was flat and it was freezing. But it was the best camping trip I have ever been on. We laughed about the air mattress in the jeep all the way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment