Friday, May 30, 2014

Today...

I have known Austin for 7 years!
7. 
7 wonderful and amazing years. 
Initially I have the thought of "Holy Cow, no way has it been 7 years!" But then we drive by our first apartment, even our second apartment and it feels like a lifetime ago. A whole different life. A life of school and teaching. A life of just Austin and just Kori. Me and him. Him and me. 
If you drive past Pineview, the apartment I was living in when I met Austin, you'll drive right past it and probably not even see it. It has changed so much. Now there's shops and bigger, taller apartments in front of it. It's hidden.
May 30, 2007 was a normal day. I was waiting to go to class. And then I heard him. I came out to see who was visiting my apartment and there he stood in my kitchen. In a yellow billabong sweatshirt. Handsome as ever. I have never been myself in front of or around anyone more than I have been with Austin. I remember wanting to hang out with him from day one, like a magnet, I was very drawn to him.
Life is a whole lot different now. It's me and him, him and me, and Bridger and Audri. We live in a house and life is all about being a mom and dad. Work and home. Raising the sweetest and most adorable children. I am so lucky and blessed to have Austin. He is the best husband, father, provider, friend, companion that I could have ever asked for and then more.
I love this time of year. Especially still living in Rexburg. I always contemplate about that summer in 2007. Meeting and dating Austin. I love that man with my whole heart and soul. I love making him laugh {because most of the time he's making me laugh}. I love hanging out. I love being in his arms. That man has a hug that can cure just about anything. I love how much he loves and adores our children. I love how much he loves me! I love how sweet he is to me and how wonderfully he treats me. I love sneaking glances at him in the car and catching him doing the same. I love how hard he works for us. I love hearing him call me beautiful, babe and Kori. He is my very best friend and I thank my Heavenly Father every day that he's in my life forever!
7 years have zoomed by. They have been chuck full of wonderful and amazing things. I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for us in the next seven years! Here's to us Elder....I mean....Austin Dahl! I love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment