I'm thankful everyday for what I have but with it being close to Thanksgiving I feel like I should share what I am thankful for.
I'm thankful for my Savior and all that He has done for me. I'm grateful for this gospel and my membership in it. I'm so thankful for the temple and it's sealing power. It allows me to be sealed for time and all eternity to the loves of my life. I'm so thankful for our families and friends that love and support us. I'm grateful for a little family of my own. I'm grateful for our cute house and the wonderful things in it. I'm grateful that Austin can get his education and even more grateful that he can graduate this semester. I'm so blessed to have Bridger in my life. Every day there are moments when I feel God's love for me because of that little boy. I love his smiles, coos, facial expressions and pure love for his parents. I love holding him, cuddling with him, soothing him, and caring for him. I love every part about being his mother and every part about him being my son. He is such a huge blessing in our lives, in my life and I'm so grateful that my Heavenly Father has entrusted me with him and allowed me to be a mother.
I'm thankful that Austin is a hands on father, he holds, feeds, changes, plays with, and loves Bridger. I am so grateful that my husband finds me attractive and has through this whole baby process. I'm grateful that Austin loves me and tells/shows me that he loves me everyday. I'm grateful that he is my best friend. I love how I can talk to him about anything, that he makes me laugh, that I can completely be myself around him, that I feel beautiful around him, and that he truly completes me. I'm grateful that Austin is a returned missionary who served the Lord and what that brings to our marriage. I'm grateful for his righteousness, how he honors his priesthood and how he takes me to the temple and that he's been able and worthy to take me to the temple since the day I met him. I'm grateful that he is exactly what example I want for our children. Especially our sons. I'm so excited to watch our children interact and love their father. He is an amazing father and husband and I'm so grateful that he is in my life forever.
I'm grateful that both of us live so close to our families. It's so nice having them close, I'm grateful they're getting to know their grandson. I loved living close to my grandparents and I hope that we can stay close so that my kids have that same experience. I'm grateful for my parents and the wonderful example they are to me. It's crazy how your parents morph, that sounds weird so I'll give an example. When I got married my mother was my example of how to be a wonderful wife. I took things that I had watched her do my whole life, I talked to her and she gave me advice, I still watch her. When I had Bridger, she is now my example of how to be an amazing mother. I can take the things I've observed, take the things that worked on me and that she did for me, I can talk to her, and I can still watch her. I'm so grateful that I have the parents I do, that I can use them as a guide and example. I've always said this and it's true, if I can be half the woman my mother is then I'll be amazing! I'm grateful for my relationship with my parents and siblings, I love them all so much. They all mean so much to me. They are my best friends. I'm grateful for amazing friends. My friends are like sisters to me and I love them.
I'm grateful for jeans that are too big. haha. I curse at them everyday when I put them on because they're always falling down but I'm grateful because it reminds me of the wonderful pregnancy and recovery that I've had. I had such a good pregnancy, I actually miss it. And I'm proud of myself for being healthy and how well I did. I looked and felt great and I'm glad that I don't have to lie about that. I'm glad that I wasn't one of those girls that just looked fat and had a hard time with feeling good. I was cleaning my closest the other day, getting Bridger's room ready, Bridger's room was my closest...sweet right? Anyways, while I was organizing my clothes I started collecting a pile of maternity clothes to put away. By the time I was done the pile consisted of maternity pants and a few shirts. I then looked back at my enormous closest (Austin's hobby is hunting/fishing, mine is shopping ok?) and I realized that I was able to wear all of my clothes while I was pregnant. I think part of that was because none of my clothes were too tight to begin with but because my pregnancy went so well. I'm grateful that I still have a whole closet of clothes that I can wear. Even though most of them don't fit because of all the weight I've lost.
I'm grateful that I chose to stay home with Bridger. We prayed about it and felt that was the right thing to do, but ultimately it was my choice. I'm glad I had the choice. I wasn't sitting at home jobless, unhappy and bored. I had a very fulfilling career that I loved and I gave it up for the best career...mother. I'm glad that Bridger came to us because that's what the Lord wanted. Not because I was trying to fill holes in my life.
I'm so grateful for where I am in my life and how full and happy it is. There are people out there that aren't ever happy with what they have, they're always waiting for something to come and make them happy. And that's not how it works. I'm so glad that I can be happy with what I have and what God has given me. I am so very blessed and am so happy that I can see that!
No comments:
Post a Comment