Tuesday, January 31, 2012

4 month check up

Bridger had another check up yesterday. He did great, smiled cute for the nurses, held still for the doctor and cried for just a little bit after the shots. He is such a sweet little boy and such a trooper. Moments after his shots and crying he was trying to be smily and happy. We get to start feeding him rice cereal! I'm excited, feels like all I do is feed this kid! Ha! We'll see how it goes! Well here are his stats...

Height: 27.3 in. 96%
Weight: 16.8 lbs. 72%
Head Circ: 17 in. 63%

He is happy and smiley most of the time and such a joy to have in our home.
He loves...
his feet
when daddy comes home
bath time
being naked
getting his diaper changed
rolling onto his tummy
smiling at everyone
his monkey toy
his hands (still)
your hands (he loves to gnaw on knuckles, anyones)
sucking in his bottom lip
his socks off
drooling on EVERYTHING!!! 
playing indian, that's what we call it, I take my hand and pat it on his mouth and he'll make sounds for it-SO CUTE!!!

He does not like...
his binky
starting to not like his bottle and if we do give it to him it has to be the perfect temperature of milk...picky kid! and he'll only take it from me...problems...
the vaccuum and blow dryer...he doesn't cry he just freezes, gets wide eyed and stars at it...pretty funny actually when he was a newborn the blow dryer would put him to sleep.
washing his face-what kid does though?

Nicknames...
BT (Grandpa Toone)
Bubba (me and Grandpa Toone...first time I called Bridger Bubba my dad was like "what did you call him?" "...bubba...?" Big smile from my dad, "that's what I used to call you when you were a baby baby...but then your mom made me stop because she didn't want that nickname to stick." So kind of fun!)
Bub (me and sometimes when I go to call Austin babe, I call him bub too haha)
Bridge 
Bridge Man or The Bridge Man
Bridger Boy (me and Grandma Toone)
Big Time (Grandpa Dahl)
Big Guy (Austin)
Little Man (me)

His eyes are are still blue, his hair is coming in kind of blonde and he's getting enough of it that we can "spike" it. When he's on his tummy you can tell he wants to move, he kicks and squirms and pushes. He usually scoots/pushes himself backwards. After he's done with tummy time he'll start to fuss. He knows how to roll from his tummy to his back, been doing it since week 3, but for some reason when he rolls from his back to his tummy he forgets he can do the opposite. I'll roll him over and within minutes he'll be back on his tummy. Haha. Silly boy. When you tickle him he grunts/growls but smiles huge. He usually giggles while you're changing his diaper. He's only giggled for Austin and me. He squeals and coos for every one. I love spending every day with him, he makes me laugh and makes me so happy to be his mommy, we sure do love this little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment