So I have been really proud of myself for blogging every week. Because my goal, eventually, is to print this blog and have it like a year book/scrapbook. But......just posting at the end of each week it getting kind of boring. I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do to change that but at least if I publish on here that I'm going to than I have to right? Haha.
Today I am getting the house ready to be left empty for 3 days. Austin's cousin {and maybe Grandpa} is coming down and they're going hunting for those 3 {maybe even 4} days.
It's not uncommon knowledge that I didn't grow up with that in my life. My family is not the camping/fishing/hunting type. They own several tents and camping equipment but let's be honest I can count on two hands the times those things were used. {And I think half of those times were by me and Austin haha} So there's been a lot of adjusting to that lifestyle for me.
It's LOTS easier for me when Austin goes hunting now than, say, when we were dating or even first married. I missed him something fierce and couldn't see why he wanted to do that when he could be with me. {Spending quality time with the people I love is my recharge, my hobby, my fun.} I still miss him something fierce but over time I have learned that it is just something that's 100% connected to Austin's soul, his happiness, his recharge. That boy needs to go hunting {and fishing}. I have learned that it's good to be missed and that Austin misses us too.
I am happy to send him out. {Yes, also very nervous every time, "What if he gets hurt?", "What if something bad happens?", "What if there's trouble with a bear?"-you know, those kinds of things} I am happy that he's getting to spend time with his family, time with nature and time to recharge. Austin's really good at balancing his hunting. He doesn't go crazy with it like others and spends a lot of his time with us {his other recharge in happiness}.
But that still doesn't change the fact that I will miss him. Or that I would rather have him home.
We go down to my parent's. It's a fun time for us to spend time with my family. Plus it's nice to not be the only one with the kids the whole time Austin's gone. And I won't lie, our 1940's house is creeeeepyyyy all by yourself, especially at night.
I hope he gets something. He works so hard for us. He makes so many sacrifices for us and does so much for us. He deserves to have something good happen to him. He deserves an extra boost to his happy recharge. So here's to 3 days of hunting! Good luck Aust!

No comments:
Post a Comment