Saturday, February 25, 2012

Motherhood is a tricky thing...

I haven't been doing a good job at blogging lately. Seems like I go in spurts. Haha, you should see my journals...same thing!
Not much has happened lately. I described my days to a friend like this the other day..."Life is busy but not at the same time, you do a lot and yet nothing gets done." And that is where I am as of late. Motherhood is a tricky thing.
You think you know yourself before you get married. Then you get married and suddenly you don't know yourself as much as you thought you did. You're completely exposed. Everything is out in the open, flaws, imperfections, little quirks, the works. You deal, adapt, and "evolve".  (I was lucky, Austin and I were pretty open to begin with so there wasn't a whole lot of exposure, I still had to "find" myself again, but that's because it wasn't just me any more, I was now an us) You think that being a wifey is tricky but you manage. Then you have a baby! HA! You thought marriage exposed it all? Whoa. Well let me tell you, if you're having a baby to solve something, fill a hole, patch a gap, whatever, you're in for a huge surprise! SURPRISE! A baby doesn't do any of that! It magnifies all of those things. It's like my dad said to me about a husband. "Kori, you need to look at the hole picture, if something he does bothers you now, you have to figure out if you can live with that or not because once you get married that thing wil be magnified." Well, same can be said for babies. (Also very lucky that I was completely content with myself and my life when I got pregnant.) I find that this is true for me in the homemaking department. I've never been horrible at it, just never great at it. I feel like with a baby I am flat out no good at it. Luckily I married a very patient man and that most of the time I'm failing just my expectations but wow, talk about exposed.
I love being a mom though. And most of the time I'm not getting things done around the house because I love watching my son sleep, playing with him when he's awake, making him laugh, watching him learn. How is any one to get anything done with a cute kid like mine?
But that's life right now. No routine yet the same thing everyday (killing me), little motivation to be super duper homemaker, and loads of fun with my Bubba.

No comments:

Post a Comment