Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Family "Hunting" Trip

What was supposed to be a little trip "just to check to see if we could see anything" turned into a full blown shoot a deer hunting trip. Bridger fell asleep 20-30 minutes into the drive. Yes we were road hunting. This is Bridger and I chillin {or sleeping in Bridger's case} while dad was scoping things out.
We were out in the desert and came up a hill, slowed the jeep. I looked over and saw a deer, "Stop! There! Over there!" Austin stopped the jeep, grabbed his gun, jumped out of the jeep, got his gun ready and the deer started jumping away. Austin followed it behind a hill {thankgoodness I didn't have to watch him shoot it}. Then I got a call from Austin saying that he got it! He gutted it and then had to drag it back to the jeep. When he called me he asked if there was a way to get the jeep any closer. So I then off roaded the jeep {which was kind of scary! I had never down anything like that before} a good ways, to get closer to Austin. When Austin saw how close I got he was surprised and impressed! And so was I! Austin ended up tripping on some lava rocks and falling. I saw him fall and before I knew it I was out of the car and if something hadn't said, "you're baby's in the car!" I'm pretty sure I would have been half way to him before I realized it! I yelled, "Are you ok?" He stands up and we both realize he's ripped his pants! "Oh my gosh! Hahahahahahah! Are you, haha, OK?!" "Yeah but my pants exploded!" Pretty funny! So then Austin finally got back to the jeep, well actually I did some more off roading and drove to him, got the deer in the back {another thing I DID NOT watch!} And the trip was over! We took these pictures when we got home and after Austin changed his pants...hehe. Bridger tried to touch it! SO gross! And then coyotes started to howl and get close so me and Bridge ran into the house! My mom asked if I would go hunting again...probably not. Although Austin is convinced we're his new good luck charms. We'll see. All in all it was a pretty crazy night!


1 comment: