Believe it or not I have a lot of time...most of it to think and reflect. And so I have some random thoughts I want to write down.
Austin graduates in a week. It's almost more surreal for me to think about him graduating than when I was graduating. It feels like he's been in school for such a long time. The light at the end of the tunnel is finally right in front of us. Although I wish it would point us to our next tunnel...*sigh* I'm so proud of Austin. I know that school is not a fun thing for him. But he's done it, without too much complaining, and he's done it for us. It's a little crazy to think that he'll have his bachelor's and that can take us anywhere. Ideally we would love to stay in this area. We don't want to stay in Rexburg. I'm so done with Rexburg. I was done when I graduated, I am SO done with it now. If we have it our way. Austin will find a job here, or in IF. We'll stay in our cute little country home for a year or so, and then buy a house in IF...hehe, that's where I want...and then see where that leads us. But realistically Austin could get a job in Montana, Wyoming, or anywhere and we could move there in a month. Which is crazy but I don't mind so much. It's kind of exciting to see what the Lord has planned for us.
In 5 months I will be turning 26. Isn't it funny that right when you get comfortable being your age you turn one year older? I'm finally adjusting to being ok with being 25 and I only have 5 months left. Austin and I were talking about life the other day and it got me thinking. You know, with all my "free" time, my free-thinking-to-myself-time. I have done a lot with a quarter of a century. I graduated college with a bachelors in 3 years. I married the man of my dreams. I had a teaching career for 3 years that I loved. And now I am a mother which I love even more. I don't think I could have planned it more perfect! Sometimes it's interesting to look back on your life and see exactly where the Lord had a hand in where your life was going. At the time it could have been a huge trial, a minor bump, or something you didn't necessarily have planned, whatever but when you look back you know it was meant to happen so it could bring you to the place you're at now. I'm so grateful that the Lord cares and loves me enough to have a hand in my life, leading and guiding it in the direction it needs to go. One example that I want to share is the end of winter-spring whatever semester 2007 I was kicking the idea of moving, around. I had lived at Pineview for 3 semesters, it was time for a change. I had gone and looked at the Hilcrest townhouses and was just about to call and get a contract when I got the feeling that I needed to stay. I thought, "Well who wants to move any way, I have one semester left might as well stay and then move home, avoid 2 moves." I thought the feeling was just out of convenience. A month later I met Austin. I was living with his sister and he came over to hang out with her. Luckily for me he was one of the few boys still left on this earth that isn't afraid to ask girls out on dates! If I had moved I never would have met him. I know that the feeling to stay put was so that I could meet the love of my life. And I thank my Heavenly Father daily for Austin in my life and allowing me to be his wife.
Christmas is in 3 weeks. Do I have a Christmas list? Nope. Told myself last year, after not having one, that I would defintely have one this year...and it's not like I haven't tried. I've been wracking my brain but have come up with nothing really. Why have a huge long list when I have everything I want? I have an amazing husband, a handsome little boy, a cute little house, all the electronics we want, plenty of things in my house, all the art stuff that I need, and even though most are baggy-a closest full of clothes! I have a wonderful family and amazing friends that are pretty much like my family! My life is content exactly where it is. I'm grateful that I don't have a huge long wish list. That all of my needs and wants are being met. I would be perfectly happy if I got nothing but good health for my little family this year! That's really all I want. Thank you Austin and Bridger for making my life complete! I love you so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment