We left Thursday (21st)-stayed at Grandpa's Dahl's. Then we went to Gresham, Oregon and hung out/stayed with my old roommate and best friend Nikki. When we go there (Friday) we went with her, her husband and cute little girl to an awesome Mexican restaurant and then she took us to the Saturday Market in Portland the next day. Which was so much fun and crazy all at the same time. It was huge, it was like a farmer's market on steroids and pot. Hahaha. It was way fun staying with Nikki and her cute little family and going to Portland and people watching!
Saturday we arrived at the beach house in Lincoln Beach, OR! The most beautiful sunset that I did not take a picture of, welcomed us!
Monday and Tuesday we went to tons of beaches and souvenir shopping.
Wednesday we went to the Tillamook Cheese Factory, more beaches and Mo's (which was really good).
Thursday Austin went deep sea fishing and crabbing, not much was caught and a few people (including Austin-don't tell him I told you) got sick. Luckily I didn't go, I would have gotten sick for sure. I even got sick when they brought home all the nasty stinky crab! Later that night we went to the Outlet mall and did some killer shopping. :) My kind of vacation...haha, jk!
Friday morning we went down to the beach next to the house, at low tide, and saw a bunch of cool stuff. And then the rest of the morning was a do-whatever-you-want sort-of thing. Austin took me to a glass blowing shop and we watched them blow glass for a couple hours and then he bought me a glass float! (Dale Chihuly www.chihuly.com is my favorite artist, his studio in Washington is on my bucket list! I love glass art!) It was so much fun and fascinating! I loved it! That afternoon we went to the aquarium which was fun. And then Jason and JoLyn took us to a really nice sea food restaurant.
Saturday we got up at low tide again and went and explored some more! Packed up, checked out and then followed Jason, JoLyn, Lucas, and Miranda up the coast into Washington. We drove over the Columbia River into Washington over the coolest bridge that I've ever seen in person. (That river is huge!) We found a really cool beach with sand dollars and then drove through Mt. Rainier Forest which was absolutely gorgeous! Stayed in Washington that night, drove to Grandpa Dahl's the next day, Sunday. Stayed with them Sunday night and then came home Monday! Even though Washington was beautiful and I know that I'm going to get razzed about my next comment by my Washington friends, and I realize that I haven't seen all the beautiful spots in Washington, I thought Oregon was prettier and more fun. No offense. Haha.
Austin and I had so much fun spending time with the family and especially with each other. The closer that it approaches time for the baby to come, the more and more apparent it is that my alone time with Austin is numbered. I've had Austin all to myself for 3 years, we've had so much fun just being us and I'm a little unsure about sharing him. Haha. I know that it will be fun and exciting and I'll not want it any other way but I'm glad that we were able to spend some of our last alone time on a fun vacation in Oregon.
This is the back of the beach house we stayed at!
Austin and I at the beach behind the house.
Newport
Behind the house.
Flowers in front of the house.
The boys...BBQ'ing?
Devil's Punch Bowl
Family at the Devil's Punch Bowl. We went at low tide so it wasn't as cool as it was supposed to be.
Behind the house.
I think this pelican thought he was a seagull.
One night there were 7-8 seals hanging out and playing at "our" beach.
The family checking out the seals.
There were tons of pelicans too.
Austin took this picture.
The beautiful float Austin got me!
The Aquarium.
Austin and I in the piranha tank.
Behind the house.
Mt. Rainier Forest, Washington.
The fam
I'm so grateful we were able to go and for Jason and JoLyn for the trip. It was so much fun! I loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment