Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A post about Austin

I have to have a post about Austin cause let's be honest with ourselves, we're never going to get a post from Austin. Haha. And that's perfectly ok with both of us! Austin has been working so hard at his internship at Northwestern Mutual and is now finally done with it! Yay! It's something we're not going to pursue for now but we're so very grateful that he was able to have it as an internship and able to learn that (at least for now) life insurance is something he does not want to do. Now he's only got one more semester and he'll graduate with his Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing emphasis. I'm so proud of him, he's worked so hard doing this school thing. I don't think I would have ever graduated if I had a job and a husband at the same time that I was going to school, and he's had a job and a wife during his whole college experience, minus one semester, and then it was a fiance rather than a wife. He's never complained about it either and done so well in his classes. I am so grateful for the sacrifices he's made so that we could get his education. Lately he's been going to school year round, which is a huge thing for him. Talk to Austin for more then 10 minutes and you'll find that he loves fishing and hunting and being outside, so this school thing has put a huge damper on all of that. I'm so excited for him to graduate and so proud of him and all the work he's done to get there!
I think my craftiness has rubbed off on Austin. He came home the other day and told me about some things he wanted to make for his bow. Then a few days later he came home with a bag of supplies. I teased him about crafting but they turned out really cool. I really wish I could have taken a picture of him, sitting at my craft table making his man crafts. He would have killed me if I had. It really was cute watching him. And it's a pretty legit thing, there are people who make these things and sell them, he did a great job.
The black/gray/red braided things (wrist sling and release connector) are what Austin made! Very cool!

Last thing to share about my cute husband is his excitement about having a baby. I love that he is excited. He was so much fun to take baby shopping, I think that it made him even more excited. Except now he wants baby things his size! Haha. We found this really nice soft rocker and he was like, "Why don't they make these things my size?...Feel this, it's so soft!...Man, I would sleep so good in this!" We're so excited to see this little guy, we love him so much already. I'm so glad that he's going to have such a great daddy who is going to love him, teach him, be a great example to him, play with him, be friends with him, hunt/fish with him, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Nathan would kill me if I used the word "cute" to describe anything about him. Lol I loved the post! (I still use it.... on accident) Austin will be a good daddy! And how very exciting that he is finally almost done with school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that the craftiness is rubbing off, but in a manly way. Way funny!

    And yay for almost being done with school! So exciting!

    I've been trying to post comments on blogger for a month and have had issues. AHH! I wrote out a comment SEVERAL times on your blog. And others blogs. Didn't work. Then I gave up. So back to several of your old posts...

    Baby stuff I recommend: swing (my babies loved them), bumbo front pack or sling of some sort, and an entertainer/exersauser (I would say a must). All of those have saved me time and time again with the kiddos.
    LOVED the belly pic by the way! Adorable! See, I did miss lots of posts not being able to comment...

    ReplyDelete