Thursday, June 9, 2011

Smorgishborg

Now that I'm at home I'm going to try to be a more faithful blogger. We'll see how that goes. Haha. Let's do a little updating shall we?
  • Austin is now licensed and certified to sell insurance! He studied his brains out and I'm so proud of him for passing a bunch of hard tests. Now he's just been busy trying to sell the insurance. So if you know anybody that needs or wants life insurance...I've got just the man for that! :)
  • Never posted about my fabulous Mother's Day! Absolutely fantastic but a little surreal. It's still weird sometimes thinking that there's life inside of me and that I'm going to be a mommy. Anyways, Austin was adorable on Mother's Day! He made me breakfast, wrote me the sweetest letter that I have ever gotten, taught our primary lesson even though it was my turn, and then told me that since we were going to make the rounds to see our mothers that Monday would be my day! When I got home from work Austin presented me with my gift. He went to Sally's (so brave) and bought me a gel nail set, UV lamp and all! And then he made me dinner! He's such a sweetheart and is going to be the best dad ever, I know because he's the best husband ever!

  • Last Wednesday we planted a garden! :) Corn, peas, potatoes, onions, carrots, radishes, cucumbers, squash, pumpkins and tomatoes! We already had raspberries and strawberries! I'm so excited for our garden! Most of the flowers around our house are trying to bloom! 
Our garden and raspberries!

The Strawberries



  • Went shopping for baby a little while ago with my mom. Things like that make it more real and exciting! It's a little overwhelming though. There are so many things that I have no idea about, if we need it or if we don't. I don't want to spend money on things that we'll never use. We're both the oldest in our families, I don't have older sisters to tell me what I need and I no longer have lunch in the faculty room to get advice. So mommy friends I have a favor to ask...I need your advice! Besides the obvious crib, high chair, car seat, stroller etc. What are some things that you can't imagine going without or wish you had? Thanks you're awesome! :)
  • Well there's my smorgishborg of little posts! Trying to stay busy with cleaning, organizing, crafting, painting and hopefully blogging! 


2 comments:

  1. I obviously don't have any baby advice, but I wanted to say I'm so jealous of your garden! All I have is a little herb garden right now :) Sounds like things are going great for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Garden!
    Congrats for Austin!!
    Have fun with all that free time... sounds fun!
    As for baby stuff... I am sitting here racking my brain and I can't think of anything lol. Toys... colorful ones :)(Its really not too far away that they start to try to play with them. 1-2 months.) (at least for my girls). I'll try to think of more stuff!

    ReplyDelete