While we were waiting the boys were seeing who could skip rocks the farthest. Again another one of those 5 year old moments.
Austin grilled up a ton of burgers. We all ate as much as we could and successfully left a burger and a half. While we were cleaning up before the fireworks, Austin chucked the burgers near a tree. We then went and claimed our awesome spots. A little while later a family showed up a little further down from us. They had a yappy dog (that's what Austin and I call those little dogs that just yap and are annoying). The dog was carrying something in it's mouth. I didn't think anything of it until it dropped it. It was the burger! It choked on that thing the entire night and the family had no clue! It was so stinkin funny.
The fireworks were actually pretty decent but then we had to wait forever to get out of there. Even though we were there until past 11:30, it was so much fun sitting in the car laughing and talking with Austin.
Monday, we woke up early and went to the parade with my family. It was good and short. We had lunch with my family and hung out with them, which is always fun. Then we went out to the Dahl's, had a wonderful dinner, hung out with family, had a volleyball game and then had the Dahl firework show. Once again bringing the five year old Austin out. Miranda, Lucas, Austin and I had a good time with some old bottle rockets. Miranda and I watched the boys jump and scream like girls as they shot them off. Pretty hysterical. The Dahl fireworks were great and I even got to cuddle with Austin through part of them!
I am so grateful to be an American and proud to live in this wonderful country. I'm grateful for all those who have made and are making freedom possible for all of us. I'm grateful for wonderful families and friends! It was an awesome 4th of July!
No comments:
Post a Comment