This Friday we find out what the baby’s gender is. Austin asked me the other day if I was going to cry if we found out it was a boy. And I really don’t know if I will or not. That’s how badly I want a little girl. And you can tell me how wonderful it is to have a boy and all the benefits and cute things they do but it’s not going to change my mind. I will still really want a little girl. I got asked the most stupid question the other day about what I thought it was. I realize that there are people out there that supposedly “know” but I haven’t had any “feelings” about what gender it is. Only hopes, nothing prophetic.
I turned 25 over a week ago. And I don’t really have a lot to say about it. Haha. The actual birthday was good. I got to spend the day with my husband shopping, hanging out and eating. But the actual turning 25 business was just weird for me. I know that 25 is not old but my 12 year Kori was freaking out with that number. We all have that age when we were little we thought that that age was old. Well mine was 25. Silly, I know but regardless 12 year Kori was like HOLY COW! Resulting in 25 year old Kori being like HOLY CRAP!
Austin got an internship at Northwestern Mutual! We’re excited! Except it’s going to keep him really busy this summer and me really bored! But it’s crazy how when you follow what the Lord wants you to do things naturally start falling into place. Last August we started praying about whether or not to start our family, the answer was the strongest yes that we’ve both ever gotten. I was scared and a little reluctant but decided to follow the answer that we received. After that we found our house (not really our house but a house), Austin got his first internship (he has to have 2 can you believe that?), and other things started fitting themselves in when we really didn’t think it would be possible for them to. Now he has an internship and prospective career and I know that it’s because we’re doing it the Lord’s way. I think it’s sad when people have kids to get out of having a job, or because they think that it will fix their unhappiness. When they have health problems and still can only focus on having a baby rather than trying to help themselves first. Or even get pregnant while they have health problems that they could have solved and now are endangering their unborn child. I think of how much happier they would be if they did it the way the Lord wanted it to be rather than the way they want it to be. I’m so grateful for the directions and guidance that Austin and I receive from the Lord and the blessings that come by following them.
Today I gave my principal my letter of resignation. Probably one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do. I love my job. I love the kids. I love the teachers I work with. I love teaching art. And I’m going to miss all of things so very much. But I know that I would miss my baby more. I’m sad and excited. Sad to leave but excited to be with my baby. I know it is the right choice for me, it’s just really been hard on me lately. The hormones really don’t help either. Haha.
Well those are just the highlights, and I will post belly pictures as soon as I have a for sure one, I’m in that stage where it’s “Is that girl pregnant or just chunky?” It’s not very noticeable yet. Cross your fingers for me that it’s a girl!!! Love you all!
I have been waiting for an update! I can't wait to hear what you are having. Congrats to Austin on the internship! Oh and I totally know what you mean about 25. I am enjoying 24 as long as I can :)
ReplyDeleteFinally an update Kori! ;) SO SO glad I have your blog now so I can better keep up with you! So I was thinking today, do you remember when we would write notes ALL THE TIME and one time in JH you wrote one that had huge block letters you had decorated that said sweat on it?! But you meant sweet! Too funny! I bet I still have that note...
ReplyDeleteFinding out the gender is so FUN! Just prepare yourself either way. ;) Both times we thought we thought were having a boy and then ended up with two girls. Crazy! But I am crossing my fingers HARD that yours IS a girl! That's for sure.
Congrats to Austin about the internship! Yay! The Lord really does open up more doors for you when you are doing what you are supposed to be.
When I turned 25 it was the same experience as you. Gees... birthdays used to be so fun knowing you were getting older and could do more. ;) Oh well. Happy belated B-day! And sorry I wrote a book for a comment! Just that excited that we get to keep up with each other!
GOod luck at the ultrasound! They are fun and exciting. I know exactly how you feel about wanting a girl. I definitely wanted a girl first and glad it worked out that way- however, (take this or leave this!) I totally thought having a boy would be sort of disappointing, but it has NOT BEEN AT ALL. I have really really enjoyed having a boy, much more than I thought i would. But, let's be honest...girls are so much more fun to dress and accesorize. :)
ReplyDelete