12/3/13 7:14 p.m. 8lbs 4oz 21in
Monday cuddling with my boy! Soaking in all the one on one time I could get!
We hadn't eaten lunch, hadn't heard from the Dr. yet so we decided to go get some lunch. Just as we were pulling into Gator Jack's parking lot the dr office called and said they had an opening at 2 no later than 2:30. {It was 1:38} Ummmm ok?! So we turned around and ran back home to get our stuff and met Grandma Dahl up at the hospital. Probably checked in around 2:30. The nurses came in hooked me up to the IV, took forever asking questions and putting things into the computer and then we had to wait for the anesthesiologist. One of the nurses checked me when we got there and I was still a 5. But as soon as she checked me the contractions started again. The anesthesiologist came in around 5 pm and gave me my epidural. As soon as the epidural was in they started me on pit. Then my mom and dad came in and Austin and my dad gave me a blessing. I love that I have men in my life that can do that for me. I caught my mom up and then they left to go hang out in the waiting room. Shortly after that the Doctor came in and broke my water. When he broke my water I was a 6 and he broke my water around 5:30 and said "K, well, now it's just a waiting game."
{We had waited a long time from when I got the epidural/broke my water with Bridger so I figured that we had awhile this time too.}
Audri was doing great until they started upping the pit. Every contraction her heart rate would lower, nothing scary but they monitored it very close. They checked me around 6 pm and I was 8.5 cm so they decided to turn off the pit. It took a half hour to go from a 6 to an 8.5! I was shocked!
Not too long after that I started feeling some pretty strong contractions. The nurse came in and upped the epidural but I still felt part of the contractions ver low. After a few of those contractions it felt like I needed to start pushing. So I told the nurse. She gave me a surprised look and checked me. "Well, that's because you do!" She went and paged the Dr. and now not only was I feeling those contractions but I had to fight the feeling of pushing! The Dr. finally came {he had gone home?!?!} and I started to push. After 4 big pushes, 7:14 pm Audri Lynn was born. The first thing the doctor said was "That's a 8,4 baby!" Austin told me that it was a girl. {He's been teasing me the last few months that she's going to come out a he} They placed her on my chest and cleaned her off on my chest and I was filled with so much love and joy. She cried/screamed from the moment she came out to the moment she was wrapped up and handed back to me. And she's been hungry since she came out too! The nurse didn't wait a beat to get her feeding! Audri latched on like we had been doing it for months! She's a pro! We called the Dahl's so they could bring Bridger up and my mom, dad, brother and sister came in. Then Austin's mom, dad and sister brought in Bridger. He did really good. He told us her name and said hi a lot and "she's so cute." He didn't really want to get too close. Bridger went with my family for the night. He was so excited to have a "party" with Derek and Karmoni! After they left the nurse gave Audri a bath and then I got ready to go to our room.
Bathed and beautiful!
Sleepover with Derek and Karmoni! This picture kills me because he had so much fun and talks about staying there still! He was teasing Grandma because she was trying to get him to smile. She said he was pulling every face but a smile!
Wednesday really early the power went out. It was out for a really long time! Glad we were at the hospital where they had power!
Wednesday Morning
On our way home
Finally home!
First time holding "baby sisser"
Yes my son is bonking the baby. Haha. Thank goodness it was soft. Austin said he was initiating Audri as a Dahl.
They are so incredibly cute with her! It melts my heart every time!
All the doctors and all the nurses said that delivery number 2 would happen fast. And they were definitely right! It happened so fast it's hard to remember all the details. The nurses were incredible. They were good last time but I think that because there were 9 of us in labor and a short staff of nurses it was just different because it was crazy. It was a busy night the day that I delivered Audri but they had enough nurses so I got to see the same nurses and that was nice. My delivery nurses were amazing. I'm so happy with my experience. I'm so glad that everything went so well.
Miss Audri is such a good baby. She eats great, she's happy when she's awake and she's getting on a better sleep schedule. She has some lungs though, mostly when she's starving. She squeeks and snorts. We're dealing with some congestion so she has some pretty good snorts. She woke me up one night with one. haha She is strong and alert. She LOVES to cuddle. She prefers being held while she is awake well and while she sleeps and I'm not complaining. I wanted a cuddle baby and I got one! {since Bridger wasn't all that cuddly, he's more cuddly this past little while than he has ever been.} Her nicknames are: sweetheart, Audri babe, Miss Audri, little miss, baby sis, baby sister, sis, love, girlie...
Bridger LOVES her! He'll give her toys when she's crying. Is so concerned when she's not happy, wants her to wake up all the time. He loves to hold her and give her kisses. He is such a wonderful big brother. He has said and done so many things that melt my mommy heart. He is just the cutest and sweetest little boy!
I am doing good. Recovery has been a lot different than last time. I didn't tear so that's made things lots easier and less painful. I wasn't under anesthesia for too long so that's helped too. I got up the courage to try on my pre pregnancy jeans Sunday and they.....FIT!!! So that's happy!
Austin is AMAZING!!! He is so cute with babies. And I love watching him with his little sweetheart. He has helped me so much and is so good to me. There's just something about a grown manly man cuddling a small little baby, especially when said baby is all wrapped up in pink!
I am so blessed and incredibly grateful for my little family!
Welcome to the family Audri Lynn Dahl! We love you so very much!
























What a beautiful, sweet girl!!! She's so blessed to be born into such a wonderful family. I wasn't able to tag down your family last Sunday, so I went home disappointed that I hadn't found out if she was born yet. It was killing me! :) Glad to hear everything went so well! Second time is a breeze, right! I hope recovery goes really well and that you continue to get lots of snuggle time with your little doll. :)
ReplyDelete"Yes my son is bonking the baby"...hahaha, gotta love big brothers! She is so precious, Kori, and I am so happy for you! What a beautiful little family!
ReplyDelete