Shortly after I got married I chopped my hair. Since I was in Jr. High my hair had been long, sometimes really long. My dad would always tell me (especially before a hair cut) that boys liked long hair and that mine was beautiful. So I kept my hair long, but vowed that as soon as I snatched myself a boy that I was chopping my hair. I think it was May-ish 2008 (I gave it a few months after I was married-haha) when I first cut my hair shorter. Not realizing that once you cut it you just can't stop. For the last few years I've had my hair short and loved it! Austin on the other hand, does not. Well I mean he likes it, he likes that I like it, but ideally he would LOVE for my hair to long again. I'm not one to really hide behind my hair, use it as a security blanket or let it define me. When I met the band teacher at RMMS for the first time she commented on my short hair, told me she loved it and that you can tell someone's confidence level by the length of their hair, the shorter the more confident. She had short hair too, so I don't really know what she was trying to say, but I kind of agree with her. I believe that if you have to announce/broadcast something then it probably isn't true, and really I don't know how confident I am, but it's definitely an interesting thought.
I love my hair in an A-line, love it. I feel fun and grown up. But I miss my long hair. I see all of these awesome hair do's on pinterest and wish I had my long hair to try them with. I miss a good messy bun like you wouldn't believe. But my hair is in that awkward middle stage. Either it gets cut or I have to patiently (suffer) (because it does what it wants until it's grown out) grow it out. As a girl it's not just the question of should I cut it or not. (if only it could be that simple) It's should I do what I want or what the husband wants? (preface: my husband is amazing and supportive and is definitely the type to really not care as long as I'm happy. But I know that he wants me to grow it out. He sort of pouts every time I tell him I'm going to cut it. Hehe. "Oh, you're going to cut it...? Are you sure? You don't want to grow it out?" It makes sense, that's how he met me, that's how my hair was when he fell in love with me.)
So what's a girl to do? Cut or not?
P. S. I secretly blame this all on my dad. If I had had short hair when I met Austin, none of this would be an issue!!! Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment