Austin starts his last semester next week! I am so excited for him and proud of him! It's crazy to think that in December I'll have a 3 month old and will be going to my husband's graduation. It's definitely been a crazy year for us. Austin will have 9 credits this semester and work. Where yet we don't know, but I know the Lord will provide. Plan is, for right now, that we'll stay here in our cute little house for a year or so more and save so that we can get a house. It's an exciting time of life.
School started last week and I thought I would have a really hard time with that. But I haven't. It's amazing how when you do what the Lord wants you to do, the peace and serenity that comes with it. Don't get me wrong I miss it, but I'm ok that I'm not there this year. When I resigned I found out that they weren't going to replace me with an art teacher. Because of budget cuts, district things, and an increase number of students, they replaced me with a science teacher. It made my decision to resign a lot harder for me. I actually went and talked to my principal about staying so that they could still have an art program. Not only did she tell me no, because I need to be a mom, but she told me she couldn't hire me back due to the number of teachers they could hire. Well the district has given them the 'ok' to hire another art teacher. I've had a number of teacher friends ask me if I want to come back. Even though our baby hasn't come yet (pray for me that he will this week) I know that my job now is to be a stay at home mom. There are no sad feelings to accompany that thought, I am completely happy with it. And am so glad that the Lord has blessed me with those feelings and with the opportunity to stay home with my son. I can't wait!
It's funny...the week that I want to have this baby happens to be one of our busiest weeks. But I figure if he's not coming then why not right? Hopefully he won't come while we're at or doing some of the things we've got planned....haha. Well those are just a few of my thoughts! Cross your fingers that Bridger comes Thursday, I'd even take Friday! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment